The three must-see days trips from Phuket Thailand
I don’t know about you, but I had heard different things about Phuket before I went. Some people loved it, others said to skip it. I choose to visit for myself and make up my own mind. The best part about Phuket is it is a jumping-off point for so many tours to other places. Island hopping tours from Phuket phenomenal! I have detailed the top 3 day trips for first-time visitors to Phuket below.
Island Hopping from Phuket: Phi Phi Islands
The Phi Phi Islands are the most famous island hopping from Phuket to experience while in Phuket. This tour is the iconic small islands covered in limestone cliffs surrounded by turquoise waters. This tour is an absolute must-see while in Phuket. Consider doing a sunrise tour so you beat the crowds to some attractions. Some of the things you may see while on a Phi Phi Islands tour:
- Maya Bay, made famous by the movie “The Beach”. The island is closed but you will view this famous landmark from the boat.
- Monkey Beach
- Nui Bay
- Pileh Bay
- Ko Phi Phi Le
- Bamboo Island
Island Hopping From Phuket: Phang Nga Bay
This tour may not have the clear, turquoise waters or the snorkeling but it is still a beautiful choice for island hopping from Phuket. With over 40 islands there are many things to see. On this tour, you will get off your boat and venture on kayaks through caves, mangroves, around islands, and into secret bays. Here are some of the things you will see on this tour:
- James Bond Island(Khso Ping Kan)- the most famous stop.
- Koh Yao Nai
- Kayaking in Panak and Hong Islands
- Panyee Island- Floating village
Khoa Sok National Park
Okay, Okay, this is not technically island hopping but a lake. This area was an absolute highlight in our entire 2-week trip through Thailand. Do not miss this! While the National Park is far from Phuket it is so worth it! On the long drive there you will stop- depending on the tour- at mountaintop temples, cave temples, and possibly monkey areas. Once you get to the lake you will hop on a long-tail boat to experience it from the water. You can also do one or multiple nights at the lake. This lake is unbelievable!
Who you can book these tours through:
- Simbaseetrips.com this who I used for a sunrise Phi Phi islands tour and Khao Sok.
More Thailand Information
- Top things to see and do in Bangkok Thailand
- Top things to do and see in Chiang Mai Thailand
- Your Guide to the Thailand Lantern Festival
- Best luxury hotels in Bangkok